On February 1, 2004, St. Paul's became a member of the Anglican Province of America in a ceremony lead by The Most Reverend Walter Grundorf, presiding bishop. We were formerly part of the Anglican Independent Communion, led by the Right Reverend Robert Samuel Loiselle.
Our Church, originally the Anglican Parish of St. Charles the Martyr, is part of the continuing Anglican Movement that evolved from the Protestant Episcopal Church of the United States of America following the Affirmation of Saint Louis.
The Continuing Anglican Communion began as a result of changes incorporated in the 1979 Book of Common Prayer, which altered our Catholic faith, practices and tradition.
What is the APA? The APA adheres to traditional Anglican principles and is part of the one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. Additionally we are part of a covenant between the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), the Reformed Episcopal Church and the Anglican Province of America.
St. Paul's uses the 1928 Book of Common Prayer and the 1940 Hymnal. We are blessed with a rich tradition, adherence to scripture and use of reason to discern God's purpose for us.
We look forward to having you join our family!