The Historic Chapel at St. Paul’s
The historic St. Paul’s Chapel has served the Crownsville/Annapolis area for almost 150 years. Our chapel is on the National Historic Register for its Victorian Gothic structure.
The chapel was built in 1861 for Severn Parish members of the St. Stephen's Episcopal Church who lived in the Crownsville area.
In 1987 The Anglican Parish of St. Charles the Martyr purchased St. Paul's Chapel and restored the building and grounds. In 2004, we became St. Paul's Anglican Church and part of the Anglican Province of America.
On October 12, 2008, due to growing attendance and member participation, a new church building adjacent to the chapel was dedicated. The new church was consecrated by The Most Reverend Walter Grundorf, the presiding bishop of the Anglican Province of America on September 18, 2016. The new building provides additional space for worship, fellowship, Christian education and office space and will continue to preserve the historic integrity of the older chapel and allow St. Paul's to continue to grow.
God continues to bless this hallowed ground and St. Paul's Parish with His presence from generation to generation.